Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cabin Fever has Struck South Central Alaska!

An epidemic has caused widespread panic across much of south central Alaska. It goes by the name Cabin Fever (CF) and is highly contagious. Symptoms include; anxiety, jitters-- due to increased coffee consumption, irritability, and boredom. The cause is simple: unseasonable warm weather that wont go away.

CF is causing much distress and the only true cure is a sufferfest. With travel unsafe in the mountains the outlets for the copious amounts of built up energy are few and far between. Citizens are having a very difficult time coping with this epidemic. Creativity is a must to deal with the horror of CF.

Potential Temporary Cures:

1) Get caught up on pop culture. 

Thanks to this crappy winter warm up I am finally caught up on what everyone in America is talking about. By the way, Game of Thrones is good entertainment.

2) Find a new coffee shop

Scored! Found a new favorite coffee shop close to home. But its secret...

3) Spend money on gear for summer

After many years of resiting, I finally bought a pair of rain boots! Another I know who was hit especially  hard with CF bought a pack raft

4) Work more

 Not going to lie, I love work. Mostly I love being productive. If I cant be productive in the mountains, I mind as well get some work done.

5) Yoga
I go anyways, but at least its a small outlet for energy

6) Eat pizza with Friends

Always good. But then a run with studded shoes is needed after.

7) Clean the house

Good productive activity. I'm all about it.

8) Do laundry

I did laundry a couple times this week. Because I could, and extra clean socks are nice.

9) Sleep in

Sort of weird, I feel guilty.  But it was kind of nice. Dont tell anybody

10) Folk Fest

At least the warmup came at Folk Fest time, it's a good excuse to go check out some local music!

All these are by no means a substitute for a fun day in the mountains, and shouldnt be treated as so. But they can make life with CF more tolerable. The dose of sunshine helps too! Please send your thoughts of cold and snow to Alaska. Together we can get through this tough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment